[Non-Unique] Rank 2 (Python)

• 22 Aug

Has anyone actually managed to get the "Non-unique" puzzle to rank 2? it seems that everything i toss at it fails.
So far ive written possibly a dozen different versions of code that gets me a rank 1 success, but it ends there.
Then again, i am just starting to learn coding, so i am probably missing some vital detail, so i thought id go through all the info i could find on case-insensitive list comparisons, and there is alot, but everything assumes only strings in the list versus both ints and strings in this puzzle.
I have gotten as far as actually managed to make a successful comparison of the lists contents, but it invovles changing the list content to lower- or uppercase, which in turn messes up the returned list, ie i get ['P', 7, 'j', 'A', 'P', 'A', 'j', 'P', 7] instead of ['P', 7, 'j', 'A', 'P', 'A', 'j', 'p', 7] like it should be.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?
Please note that i am not looking for a straight out solution, but rather want hints so i can solve it on my own.

took me some serious messing about with indexing, and the code is probably faaar from perfect, but damnit i did get my rank 2 now! does feel good, but i think i need to polish that code ALOT for it to be effective, since it looks more like roadkill than code :P